Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home!!!

Hello, hello...It is so much fun to travel and visit family, but MAN...does it feel good to be home!



I just returned from a two week trip to Pittsburgh, PA. Pittsburgh really is a very pretty city...so many parks, trees and lots and lots of things to do around town!

My sis and her hubby celebrated their 20th Wedding Anniversary with a Hawaiian cruise.

They had the best time and brought many, many photos, videos, souvenirs and fun stories to share with everyone. Since their children were still attending school, I stayed at their home with the kiddos. It's funny how fast I forgot about the busy schedule of a Mom and Dad with kids in school and taking karate and tutoring and baseball and life guarding and on and on... (smiling). It was absolute GREAT to spend time with my niece and nephews in their home and get to know their friends and cheer for them at their activities. I miss them already!!



I arrived home to a big box from Sheryl Parsons containing the Prim and Whimsy Girls traveling doll....she is beautiful! This sweet gal began her travels in Wales, Massachusetts, where Annie (Chickadee Primitives) designed and created her head and body, with her adorable leaf hands and curly tipped boots....so sweet. Then she made her way to Wendover, Utah where Sheryl Parsons (Mother's Dream Artworks & Collectibles) added her clay head and painted her soooo expressive face, hands and boots. Does this girl have personality plus, or what?!?!

Now she's here with me in Atlanta and I am so excited about dressing her. I can hardly wait to get out to my favorite fabric shop and find THE perfect fabric for her outfit. There will be more pics to follow, so please stay tuned....

New dollie alert: New dollies will be added to my Etsy shop next week...finally!!! It feels so good to be back in the studio again. I will give you an update as these cuties progress. Until then....

Wishing you many blessings....Susan

2 comments:

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Hi Sue,

So glad you are back. It sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to see your new dollies, they are always gorgeous. Thanks so much for your prayers, as I shut my eyes tomorrow for surgery I will remember how blessed I am to have wonderful friends like you praying for me. Please know that tonight you are in my prayers too! God bless. Cathy

PS. this sweet dolly has a darling face, love her.

Sheryl Parsons said...

Thank you Susan! I know you will dress her up right! Annie did such a good job on the body didn't she? Send me a note when she is all dolled up. :-)Sheryl