Monday, September 24, 2012

Miss you!

I have been a complete slacker when it comes to updating my blog.  I've been in a dollmaking slump and keep saying to myself "I will write when I have something new to share".  Well, after about 6 months and nothing new to share I decided to just write about things that are going on around here.  Who knows, maybe this is where my inspiration for new dollies will come from, right?


We have had a great summer this year filled with family reunions and a little beach time and lots of Grandbaby time!  Love this pic of our little man...with the 'xo' on the game behind him...perfect and I didn't even plan it that way. :-) 

We headed to Virginia for my niece, Laura's, high school graduation in June and then to the Northern Neck for a week on the water for our family reunion.  (That's my Bro and SIL - the happy parents of the graduate -to the right) That week with my sister and her family, my brother and his family and my Mom and Dad sure filled up my heart.  It's always nice to see everyone and especially to have everyone together in one place for an extended period of time.  :-)  We swam, canoed, ate, talked, ate some more, went crabbin', ate..well you know how it goes when you're on vacation.  (p.s. gained 3 lbs while we were there.)


Here is my Sis, brother and hubs hamming it up for the camera. 
And one of the pans of  yummy blue crabs we caught and ate below:






We were home for a couple of weeks and then it was time to go to the Outerbanks for a week on the beach with my sister and her family.  Talk about relaxation....ahhhhh...we spent all day, every day on the beach and collapsed at night from all the fresh air and sunshine.  Soooo much fun...
This is my neice, Leah, nephew, Sam and daughter, Alyssa with the intercoastal behind them.



This is me with my baby sis!

I've been doing some creating these days a new venture Roger and I have launched together...Pumpkinvine Primitives.  Roger is a very talented woodworker and has created so many nice pieces for our home.  We thought it would be fun to offer his work to others through Etsy and TDIPT Mercantile.  We've had fun creating new prims for TDIPT Mercantile on the first of each month.  We design together, then he does all the cutting, routing and sanding and I paint and stain and photograph.  It's been a real team effort!  We have a Etsy shop that we add finished and made to order prims to weekly and the customer base is starting to build now.  Here are a few pics of some of our finished pieces...





Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year.  This year it cannot come fast enough with the crazy hot summer we've had in Georgia! We are finally getting some cool evening temps and even cooler mornings.  My neighbor and walking partner is definitely a summer person so it's getting harder to get her out with me in the mornings.  We might have to switch it up a bit and move our walks to the afternoon.  :-)

Well, I hope you are doing well and I will do my very best to write more often.   Blessings to you..Susan

1 comment:

Judi Hunziker said...

Looks like you had a great summer filled with lots of fun with family. I love the items you have pictured that you and your hubby have created. Great design and the colors are perfect. I am sure you will sell a lot of them. Good to hear from you Susan, Judi