Monday, August 30, 2010

Wicked Willemena



After two long weeks of house painting, I finally had a day of fun playing in my studio! The finishing touches have been put on this wonderfully, wicked little Halloween witch and she is available in my Etsy shop tonight. If you would like to see more of Willemena, you can click here!

We have been enjoying a fantastic dip in temps (and humidity) here in Atlanta this week. It almost feels like fall out there...could my favorite season be right around the corner? :-) I actually spend more time in the kitchen cooking and baking when things cool off. I found my Mom's Zucchini Bread recipe while I was sorting through my old recipe card file this week. I remember my Mom making this for us when we were kids and it was the most wonderfully moist and delicious bread. I thought I would share it with you...I hope you enjoy it!

Mom's Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Add oil, brown sugar, zucchini, and vanilla; stir well. Blend in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.

Wishing you a wonderful, blessed week...Susan

2 comments:

Tina said...

She's wicked cute! Zuchini bread is among my favorite yummy snacks. Looks like a good recipe.
T

Virginia Monteverde said...

I like so much your blog!!!All yours dolls are very beautiful!! :)
Sorry!! I´m not speak English.
Greeting