Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Here I go again!

Okay...I am not sure what happened to my well made plans of writing at least on a weekly basis, but here it is three weeks later and I am just now posting! Hmmmph...that just won't do, will it!?

My workspace is just a wreck and I believe that is why I am having such a hard time sitting down and writing here (okay...at least that's my excuse for today :-)). So...I have decided to give my computer workspace a makeover. I have a beautiful workspace pictured in my mind that would be more inviting and therefore (at least I hope) feel inspired to work here.

Here is my BEFORE picture:



Okay...it's not TERRIBLE, but it's no very inspiring either. If I could create my dream workspace I would have:

1. room for all my filing - no more crates and no more paper sorters on my desktop.

2. printer space - right now my big old ugly printer sits on a folding table - maybe an attractive filing cabinet (that rolls) would fit the bill and provide storage for my files at the same time! I like that - two birds with one stone - multifunctional is good, right?

3. attractive storage - okay...this goes along with the #2 - it has to look good and be functional. But also I would like some storage bins for the cubbies above the monitor. I could store lots of the little things on my desk without having to look at the clutter.

4. clean workspace - I have a glass top on my desktop, but with all the clutter, it's hard to keep it clean, so I think this might be part deaux of #3. Also, I'm thinking it might be nice to put a pretty fabric under the glass...maybe something to match the memory board? hmmmm...

5. comfortable chair - I would LOVE to have a functional, armless office chair. My old dining room chair needs to be retired or put to better use. Maybe I could even recover and paint it to use as chairs in hubby's office?

6. memory/memo board - I'm thinking about making a memory board for the back of the armoire/workspace. It would definitely be nicer to look at, but functional. I could post my daily to do list and maybe a picture or two of the fam?

7. Daily to do list - I've heard it takes 21 days to create a habit...I'm going to have to get into the habit of making a to do list, but I think there is a daily list of things that I would like to accomplish that never changes. This would be a good addition to the memory board, don't you think?

I'll take an after pic to share with you, ok? BUT, I would love to see pics of your computer space (if you would like to share with me)! email them to me at primandproper@bellsouth.net. I welcome any suggestions as I am feeling organizationally-challenged these days! haha

I wanted to share some great news with you...I have been accepted as a member of a wonderful group of artists...Prim and Whimsy Girls! Prim and Whimsy Girls can be found on Ebay by typing PWGL in your Ebay search bar, as well as on their website Prim and Whimsy Girls. There is always something fun happening with this group! I hope you'll be able to visit and I'll be sure to give you updates as I move forward with this talented group of artists!

Okay...I'm going to close for now, but I PROMISE to share more with you later this week!!! Wishing you many blessings today....Susan

2 comments:

Imseeingraggedies Nutt said...

Hi Susan! Can't wait to see what you do with girl! :)

Anonymous said...

You sound very organized and you know what you want... LOL My room is always a disaster!!! :-(
Hey, pop over, having a giveaway.. Hugs, MO