Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

Wow...I woke up this morning to overcast skies and thought for sure we would be getting rain. To my surprise (and enjoyment) the sun has decided to break through the clouds and shine, shine, shine!

We had the most wonderful surprise yesterday. Our grandbaby came to visit for a few hours. Of course, Mom and Dad had to drive him, so we got to hug their necks too, but those baby snuggles....mmmmmm! Sawyerbug sure is growing up fast...it's such a miracle to see how much he changes in just a few short weeks. Here's my snugglebug sleeping on my shoulder...oh yeah...I've still got the Mama touch. Two seconds on Gramma's shoulder and he's out! haha



Look at my little bichon baby, Prissy! She snuggled up with us and took a little nap too. :-)

I did get through most of my list yesterday...I think I might need to make a to-do list every day to keep myself on track. How about you? What do you use to help you stay on track?

Today's to-do list:

sew and stuff new dollie
sign up for Dixie Redmond's Izannah Walker Workshop YEAH!!
Package and ship my lovely Ellie to her new forever home
more laundry (ugh)
work on my new valentine pin idea - not sure about the logistics of this project yet.

That's enough for one day, right? Wishing you a happy and blessed day today...Susan

13 comments:

bayrayschild said...

Hi Susan!
That little grandbaby of yours sure looks content and sooooooo
adorable.

Good for you getting those things acomplished.

There is no method to my madness.
Some days I just pretend I have all the time in the world to get things done. Ha!

Have a great day!
Hugs, Audrey

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Oh my goodness...what a bundle of sweetness you have there!! I miss those snuggles.....do you think I'd be able to get any from my 14 y/o son????? LOL!! Probably never huh!! LOL!!

Enjoy 'em!!
Stace

charmingsbycmh said...

How wonderful for you. Grandbabies are a blessing indeed. So precious.

~Tonya said...

Hello Susan,

Sawyer is a sweetie-pie! And Prissy is so very sweet, jealous I think ;) Fur babies become our babies with there are no babies to love ;)

I should have a TO DO LIST Everyday, then maybe I would accomplish something! I am also like Audrey...some days I act as if I have all the time in the world.

Have a great day, Susan.
Hugs,
~Tonya

~Tonya said...

Oh I forgot, I had a looksy at your class, I am sure you will have an AWESOME time.

Susan Walker said...

I hear ya Audrey...some days are tougher than others to get going around here. This to-do list seems to give me something to aim for though. I hope I can keep it up!

Love, those baby snuggles...I wish they lived close enough to see him every day. Those snuggles fill me up. :-) Good luck getting 'em from your 14 yo, Stace. I can hear him already "gross Mom...you're squishing me!" haha

Thanks Tonya..I am so excited to get started. Dixie has done a wonderful job putting this all together...so detailed and the forums are awesome. :-) You are so talented with clay..come join us! :-)

Susan

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

hey Susan! thanks for stopping by my blog and saying such sweet things! I am excited too! I added your blog to mine as well and followed! hugs robin

jojo said...

Hi Susan!!!
That picture is BEAUTIFUL!!!
what a wonderful surprise!!!
I love the name also!!! Babies are such blessings!!
Thanks for thinking of me too...I have been "out of it" for a while but miss you!!
hugs jojo

Cookie said...

oh ... how precious!!! My great nephew is due March 8th - I can't wait to spoil him!

fiddlestixstudios said...

What a PRECIOUS grand~baby you have,Susan! I know he just makes your day!To-do lists are a fantastic way to balance your time!I'm doing the same thing right now~the thing is,just stick with it!
Hugs:-),
~Mandy

Susan Walker said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement, Mandy. So far so good with the to-do list... :-) Robin, thank you for adding me to your blog roll.

JoJo...it's so GOOD to hear from you. I miss chatting with you. You sure have a lovely family!!!

Annie Beez said...

You look WAY too young to have a grandchild! But I am jealous! I can't wait to have grandkids! I am enjoying looking through your posts at all of your past dollies-you are very talented!

Dixie Redmond said...

Susan - what a great picture of you with your grandbaby. :-) I'm glad you decided to take the workshop - please speak up if you have a question. :-)

Dixie